|Title of the Session : Innovative Practices in IoT & Robotics|
|Date : 18/06/2022||Duration : 10.00AM to 3.00 PM|
|Activity Category : IIC Driven Activity||Nature of the Session : Physical|
|Theme : Innovation|
|Expert / Speaker Details:|
|Name: Mr.Sriram Nagarajan||Designation: Co Founder & CEO|
|Organisation: Roboram, Nagercoil|
|Brief about Expert/Speaker: (Highlight points from profile of the expert)
Completed B.E (Robotics & Automation)
· Project coordinator for CVRD, Chennai Fire & Safety Department, COIR Industry
· Worked in Industrial Automation Division at Dr. MGR Research Centre, Maduravayol.
· Founder of Automation Firm (RoboRAM) in 2018.
· Launched another venture called “RoboRAM Education” in 2020
· Launched an online learning automation based platform in December, 2022.
· Created a “Board of Studies” Council to construct the course syllabus based on industrial requirements.
· Over 8500 people have been trained around the world, and more than 50 institutions have invited him to deliver about industrial knowledge.
· The Nesans, Technical Associate Engineer & HR – DEC 2017 – MAR 2018
· Shalwin Power, Project Engineer – APR 2018 – OCT 2018
· Intech Systems, Automation Engineer – NOV 2018 – MAR 2019
· DR MGR Research Institute,Industrial Automation Consultant -APR 2019 – MAR 2020
· RoboRAM Education, Automation Trainer – JAN 2020 – NOW
· Data Bee, Business Partner – MAR 2020 – NOW
|Objectives of the activity: (minimum four)
· To create an exposure towards working of IoT and its sensors.
· To learn about IoT- Home automation applications and its real-time usage.
· To enable students to learn Robotics and Automation.
· To enrich knowledge towards working principles of Robotics.
|Outcome of the activity: (minimum four)
· Students learnt about IoT application and working of different types of sensors
· Students gained knowledge on home automation applications.
· Students got an exposure towards the real-time working of IoT Device – raspberry
· Students inferred idea on designing, working and applications of Robotics in various fields
|Key Highlights: (minimum four from the talk of expert)
Mr.Sriram Nagarajan, CEO & Founder, RoboRAM, discussed the Scope and importance of IoT in daily life. The expert enlightened the students on the importance of IoT-based home automation such as, Smartfan, smart refrigerator etc. He explained the usage of various sensors like Humidity Sensors, Pressure Sensors, Proximity Sensors, Level Sensors. Also students had a discussion session with the expert and gained ideas on projects related to IoT Home Automation.
|Total No. of Student Participation: 10|
|Total No. of Staff (Teaching / Non-Teaching) Participation: 03 – Teaching|