SUBBALAKSHMI LAKSHMIPATHY COLLEGE OF SCIENCE
12th ACADEMIC COUNCIL MEETING
DATE : 27.04.2016 TIME : 11.00 am VENUE : FIRST MBA HALL
MINUTES OF THE MEETING
Minutes of the Academic Council Meeting held on 27th April, 2016 at 11.00 am at first MBA hall of our college premises.
- R.L.Ramnath – Principal, SLCS – Chairman
- S. Rajasekar – Director, RLIMS
- C. Suresh Kumar – HoD, Dept. of MHS
- C. Ranjithkumar – HoD, Dept. of IT & Networking
- N. Anuradha – HoD, Dept. of Computer Science
- V.Padmavathy – HoD i/c, Dept. of Commerce
- P. Thirunavukkarasu – HoD, Dept. of Animation
- C. Manikandan – HoD, Dept. of FTVP
- K.R.Sharmila – Dept. of Mathematics
- P. Senthil Kumaran – Dept. of Tamil
- R. Suganthi Hepziba – Dept. of English
- S.Neela – Dept. of Hindi
- P. Thangamuthu – Dept. of Physical Education
- S. Pugalenthi – Deputy Director, RLIMS
- V. Gangadharan, Asst.Professor, Dept. of MHS
- S. Sekar – Assoc. Professor, RLIMS
- N. Selvi – Asst. Professor, Dept. of Tamil
- A.Chidambaram, Addl.COE , SLCS – Educationist
- M. Subramanian, Principal, RLINS – Engineering
- A. Nataraja Rathinam, M.S – Medicine
- A. Muthumanickam, Registrar i/c, MKU, Prof. & Head, Dept. of Education, MKU
- S.Andiappan, Chairperson, School of Religious & Humanist Thought, MKU.
- V.Jeyaletchumi, Asst. Professor, Dept. of IT & Networking – Member Secretary
CHAIRMAN OF THE MEETING
Dr.R.L.Ramnath, Principal of the college occupied the chair.
LEAVE OF ABSENCE
Leave of Absence was availed by Dr. K.Balakrishnan, Assoc. Professor, Dept. of Immunology, School of Biological Sciences MKU – University nominee, Mr. N. Meenakshi Sundaram, Chartered Accountant, Mr. B. T. Bangera, MD, Hi Tech Arai Ltd – Industrialist,
Dr. G.R. Balakrishnan, Advisor, SLF – Educationist.
NOTICE CONVENING THE MEETING
- Notice convening the 12th Academic Council Meeting on 27th April, 2016 at 11.00 am was read by the Chairman of the meeting.
- The Academic Council Meeting commenced at 11.00 am in our college on 27th April, 2016. The Chairman welcomed all the members of the Academic Council.
BUSINESS BROUGHT FORWARD BY THE CHAIRMAN
The vacancies in the Academic Council were filled as stated below.
- R.L.Ramnath, Principal is nominated as the chairman in the place of Dr.A.Padmanabhan, on his retirement as Principal from the Academic year 2015 – 16.
HoD & EXPERTS
- V.Padmavathi, HoD i/c Commerce is nominated in the place of Mr.R.Sundareswaran, HoD i/c, Commerce from the Academic year 2015 – 16.
- K.R.Sharmila, HoD i/c Maths is nominated in the place of Mrs.S.Mekala, HoD Maths from the Academic year 2015 – 16.
- A.Chidambaram, Addl. COE is nominated as Educationist in the place of Dr.P.Puthiyanayagam, COE, SLCS from the Academic year 2015 – 16.
BUSINESS BROUGHT FORWARD BY THE BOARD OF STUDIES
- The Boards of studies met on different dates and revised the syllabi for the various courses to be implemented from the Academic Year 2016 – 2017. Accordingly this was approved in the Academic Council.
- It was resolved to ratify the change made in the academic year 2015 – 16 in all the departments to conduct Campus Recruitment Training program. The new papers that were introduced as Campus Recruitment Training – I, Campus Recruitment Training – II and Campus Recruitment Training – III in III, IV and V semesters respectively were ratified and approved.
- The revised syllabus in all the departments for the first year 2016 – 19 batch in the academic year 2016 – 17 was approved.
- It was resolved to ratify the inclusion of External Evaluation for the Part – IV papers like NME, Basic Tamil, Advanced Tamil, Value Education and Environmental studies.
- The revised syllabus of Part – I Hindi for all the departments (2016 – 19) batch under CBCS was approved.
COMMON POINTS DISCUSSED
- M.Muthumanickam, Registrar i/c, MKU suggested that a power point presentation may be given about the revisions in the syllabi in the Academic Council Meeting.
- M.Muthumanickam also insisted on giving more reference books for each subject in the syllabi and also the order of writing the name, author of the reference books.
- S.Andiappan, MKU nominee, recommended to introduce diploma course in “Gandhian Thoughts” for all the departments.
- M.Subramaninan, Principal RLINS, advised to include the minimum pass marks for External Examination in the scheme of the syllabi in all the departments.
- M.Subramainan, Principal RLINS, indicated that all the books available in the library for each subject can be included in the syllabi.
- M.Subramaninan, Principal RLINS, also suggested that subjects related to safety measures can be introduced in the syllabus for the department of Maritime Hospitality Studies.
- A.Nataraja Rathinam proposed that regarding rare courses like Animation, Film & Television Production promotions must be done in such a way that all the works done in the departments must reach the public.
The Member Secretary of the Academic Council Meeting thanked the members of the Academic Council. The meeting came to an end by 12.30 pm.