- A unique 3 year full time residential degree Programme.
- More than 1600 students have passed out.
- Around 500 students are employed in Cruise and Merchant ships throughout the world.
- Around 900 students are employed in five star hotels and other hospitality sectors in India and Abroad.
- Adequate and latest infrastructure with modern Equipment.
- Well equipped kitchen with modern equipment imported from Europe to facilitate the students to learn the essentials of cooking & baking through hands-on training to meet the standards of the Shipping Industry
- Training Restaurant with Mock Bar, Guest room, Front office, Training Bakery, Bunker room and three high-end Kitchens – Basic Training Kitchen(BTK), Quantity Training Kitchen(QTK) & Advanced Training Kitchen(ATK).
- In-house semi-Olympic size Swimming pool and Modern Gymnasium.
- Ship-in-campus for participative learning.
- Experienced and trained faculty members.
We have four departments is as follows
1. Food Production
Food production is a major department in hospitality industry in which candidates can excel by learning various aspects of food production such as preparation techniques, cooking methods, kitchen management, food cost control, along with performing some other duties such as deciding the menu, maintaining quality of food and supervising the kitchen.
2.Food& Beverage Service
Food and Beverage service department is one of the main services and crucial division of the hotel. It renders the services of prepared food items, beverages and tobacco in a hospitable way to the customers as per their demands.
The responsibility of preparing, cleaning and maintaining the highest standards in guest room, public areas and all other parts of the hotel organizations is kept with the house keeping department only
Front office is face of the hotel, the front office communicate and coordinate with all other departments of the hotel as well as external sources, running its day to operations smoothly to make the guest stay more comfortable through providing personalized, consistent standard services s per the management policy.
- Compulsory Internship for all students in their 6th
- Training Students for Part Time Jobs and Freelancing works (Earn While You Learn).
- Encouraging and supporting students to begin Start-ups.
- Inviting Industry Experts as Resource Persons in all Events organized by the department.
- Extension Activity-“Share the Meal”-Donate food to orphanage people
- Arrange to provide Outdoor catering in various Five star Hotels.
- In house training
Mr.C.Suresh Kumar ASSISTANT PROFESSOR cum ‘HEAD OF THE DEPARTMENT
BA .BED, D.H.M.C.T, Certified Chef
Id : 1215
Mr.V.Gangadharan ASSISTANT PROFESSOR
B.SC (HMCS), MBA (marketing)
Id : 1209
Mr.P.Anand ASSISTANT PROFESSOR
M.SC(HOTEL MANAGEMENT), B.SC.(CS AND HOTEL MGMT)
Id : 1216
Mr.K.Perumal Kannan ASSISTANT PROFESSOR
B.SC(TOURISM & HOTELMGT), CCBC(BAKERY & CONFECTIONERY), M.SC(TOURISM & HOSPITALITY MGT)
Id : 1218
Mr.E.Jacob Jebaraj ASSISTANT PROFESSOR
BSC(HM CS), MTM(TOURISM), M.A(TOURISM MANAGEMENT)
Id : 1219
Mr.N.Ramesh ASSISTANT PROFESSOR
DHMCT(HOTEL MGMT), BBA(BUSINESS MGMT), MSC(HOTEL MGMT), MBA(HRM)
Id : 1223
Mr.R.Ganesh ASSISTANT PROFESSOR
BBA(BUSINEES ADMIN), DHMCT(HOTEL MGT), DCGO(DCGO)
id : 1225