B.Com. (Banking and Insurance) 2008-09, a 3 year full-time degree program which has successfully produced graduates in commerce with the potential of employability. The main aim of the program is to create trained professionals who are able to handle various financial activities associated with banking and insurance sectors. The syllabi help the candidate to get an exposure to operational environment in Banking, Insurance and other related firms.
The candidate gets application-level training to handle various technologies employed in the field of Banking and Insurance through the course study. By pursuing the course, the candidate gets theoretical and application knowledge in various actions associated with banking and financial companies. The professionally skilled candidate in the area of banking and finance are highly demanded in the market. The candidate can expect adequate career growth and rewarding salary packages. Apart from this, the candidate can go for higher education in the area of accounting and finance.
- Pass in +2 (Any Group)
SEMESTER – I
Tamil I /Hindi I
Financial Accounting I
Principles and practice of Banking I
Principles of Insurance
SEMESTER – II
Tamil II / Hindi II
Financial Accounting II
Insurance law and Practice
Principles and Practices of Banking II
SEMESTER – III
Company Accounts I
Legal and Regulatory Aspects of Banking I
Workshop on Numerical skills
Campus Recruitment Training I
Non Major Elective
SEMESTER – IV
Company Accounts II
Legal and Regulatory Aspects of Banking II
E-Commerce & E-Business
Workshop on Reasoning Skills
Campus Recruitment Training II
Non Major Elective
SEMESTER – V
Campus Recruitment Training III
SEMESTER – VI
- Commerce Lab (Demo Banking) is established for giving practical training to the students to understand the real situation of bank working environment.
- Department of Commerce is equipped with computer lab to conduct online examinations for both internal & external for banking subjects especially IIBF-DBF with model tests practices.
VALUE ADDED COURSE
- Diploma in Banking and Finance (conducted by Indian Institute of Banking and Finance) – a preferred professional qualification with graduation for employment in banking and financial industries.
- Licentiate examination (conducted by Insurance Institute of India) – a professional examination that helps the student to expose in the insurance field.
- In-House certification – As an additional feather to their crown, Certificate courses on specific subjects is provided to the students each and every semester.
ID : 1365
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR CUM NSS P.O
ID : 1398
Mrs.R.Nithya Kalyani ASSISTANT PROFESSOR
ID : 1863
Mrs.G. KARTHIKA ASSISTANT PROFESSOR
ID : 1869