D.P Roy Choudhury Association of Department of Animation along with IMSK, Chennai organized a two days “Webinar on Surfacing – Substance Painter” on 28th & 29th September, 2021 from 10:00 A.M to 05:00 P.M. through the Google Meet to improve the student’s skill for placement. Mr. Hariharan, 3D Artist and Mr. Pugazhendi, Junior Developer from Madras Mind Works were the Chief Guest. Mr. M. Abdul Aziz Hakkim, Assistant Professor, Department of Animation welcomed the gathering. Mr. P. Kishore kumar, Head (i\c) cum Assistant Professor delivered the key note address. The following topics were taught to the students.
Day – 1
- 3D Asset pipeline (3D modeling, UV Unwrapping, Texturing)
- Substance painter Introduction
- How Substance made texture easy
- How to texture in substance painter
- Texture task for students in substance painter
Day – 2
- Create Depth and realism using textures
- Texture & Maps, Adding materials and textures to 3D model
- Techniques for texturing
- Exporting texture for Game engine to work
- Asset Rendering pipeline (Material and Textures)
- Industry Use cases
Totally 46 students benefited.