The objective of the final internship is to develop the necessary skills of the students to function as entry-level managers in the hospitality industry. In continuation of the same, the Department of Marine Catering and Hotel Management organized an internship program for the third-year students. The training program was conducted from November 8, 2023 to March 8, 2023. The department organized an Internship Guidance Meeting on 28.10.23 to inform the students about the internship program. Mr.C.Suresh Kumar, Head of the Department, guided the students and their parents regarding the below-mentioned points.
- Log book for students, hotel information, and accommodation for students
- Reporting date and dress code the training program
- Declaration form for internship training and importance of the training certificate
- Responsibility of the students in their work place
- Documents to be presented ( Bonafide certificate , ID Card , Police verification certificate, Aadhar card photocopy, Medical fitness certificate)
Through this program, the students and parents were able to understand their roles and responsibilities during the internship program. Dr.R.Sujatha, Principal, Subbalakshmi Lakshmipathy College of Science delivered the presidential address and Dr.S.Priya, Dean-Academics felicitated the gathering. Totally 37 students actively participated in this meeting.