“Python is fast enough for our site and allows us to produce maintainable features in record times, with a minimum of developers,” said Cuong Do, Software Architect, YouTube.com.
As quoted by Mr.Cuong Do, Software Architect of YouTube.com, python plays a key role in software production pipeline. In conformity with the quote, the Department of Computer Science(Security System Specialization) organized a webinar on “Employability opportunities in learning Python language” for the students of II & III B.Sc CS(SSS) for making them to know the job opportunities in learning python Language. As the department of CS(SSS) has signed an MoU with Devspark IT Solutions, Hydrabad, the webinar was conducted by Mr.Nagakumar, CEO, Devspark IT Solutions. The webinar was arranged through GMeet on 10/07/2021 from 09.00AM to 11.00AM. Our principal Dr.Sujatha delivered the presidential address and also advised the students to learn new things during the webinar session. Mrs.N.Anuradha, Head, delivered the felicitation address and shared the students that a series of webinars are going to be arranged for this odd semester of academic year 2021-22. The resource person Mr.Nagakumar clearly explained the job opportunities in software domain using python language. Students learned the following through the webinar session:
- Basic programming concepts in python
- How to apply for job and internship opportunities using job portals like https://in.indeed.com, https://www.naukri.com/ and https://internshala.com/
- Learning the python concepts and developing python projects using https://pythonland.com/
- Clear insight about the role of Python in Datascience, Machine Learning domains
- Communities like https://www.activestate.com/ , https://realpython.com/ which help for python developers
- Python IDEs like VisualStudio , Pycharm, Spyder etc
- How to create resumes using online portals.
As a whole, the webinar was an eye-opening session for the students and gave a clear insight about the importance of python language in the job market.
The association members of TechnoFest Association, Department of CS(SSS) compeered the entire session. Mr.Ramanan, III B.Sc CS(SSS) delivered welcome address and Ms.Shahithya, II B.Sc CS(SSS) thanked the gathering by proposing vote of thanks.
Totally 94 students from II & III B.Sc CS(SSS) attended the session and got benefitted. Students were given the feedback form to give their feedback about the session.