- Provide the best Educational opportunities by breeding in to professionalism with strong Ethical values for dynamically growing Shipping, Tourism, Hotel & other Hospitality Sectors.
- To equip our students with the cutting edge Practical, Theoretical and Entrepreneurs skills needed to lead a Catering and Hotel Management profession
- DM1: To impart world class culinary skills develop professional standards imbibe the attitude and ethical values to meet the evolving challenges of the Hospitality industry.
- DM2: To provide a platform for higher education and train them in the field of Marine Catering and Hotel Management to become professionals
- DM3: To prepare students for industry / academia by getting they trained in all aspects related to professional ethics.
Eligibility : +2 Pass (Any group)
Duration : 3 Years
|II||Communicative English I|
|III||Basic Food Production|
|III||Basic Food and Beverage Service|
|III||Basic Food Production Practical I|
|III||Basic Food and Beverage Service Practical|
|IV||Foundation Course in Front Office Operation|
|IV||Foundation Course in Front Office Operation practical|
|I||General Tamil – II|
|Hindi – II|
|II||Communicative English – II|
|III||Food and Beverage Service|
|III||Foundation Course in Accommodation Operation|
|III||Basic Food Production Practical -II|
|III||Food and Beverage Service Practical|
|III||Foundation Course in Accommodation Operation Practical|
|I||General Tamil III|
|II||General English III|
|III||Quantity Food Production|
|III||Advanced Food and Beverage Service operation|
|III||Quantity Food Production Practical|
|III||Advanced Food and Beverage Service operation Practical|
|III||Advanced Front Office Operation Practical|
|III||1.Cost and Financial Management
2.Food Safety and Nutrition
5.Principles of Management
|IV||Introduction to Hospitality Studies|
|Basic Tamil I|
|Advanced Tamil I|
|IV||Computer Application Practical|
|I||General Tamil IV|
|II||General English IV|
|III||Bakery and Confectionary|
|III||Advanced Food Production Practical|
|III||Advanced Food and Beverage Management Practical|
|III||Bakery and Confectionary practical|
|III||Advanced Accommodation operation Practical|
|IV||Human Resource Management|
|IV||Indian Fundamental Cookery|
|Basic Tamil II|
|Advanced Tamil II|
|Advanced Kitchen Operation Management|
|Advanced Accommodation & Facility management Practical|
|Advanced Kitchen Operation Management Practical|
|Restaurant Management Practical|
|Placement Recruitment Training Practical|
SEMESTER – VI
All cadets have to undergo the following Value Added courses which are mandatory for seafarers.
- STCW – Standards of Training, Certification & Watch Keeping
- PST (PersonalSurvival Techniques)
- FPFF (Fire Preventionand Fire Fighting)
- EFA (Elementary First Aid)
- PSSR (Personal Safety and Social Responsibility)
- SECURITY COURSE(STSDSD)
- “OCCP” – Orientation Course for Catering Personnel
Assistance to get:
- CDC– Continuous Discharge Certificate ( a mandatory document to work on ships)
During the sixth semester students are sent to various five star Hotels across India for internship so as to enhance their professional skills, exposure and work culture.
CAMPUS RECRUITMENT TRAINING
The students are provided with Campus Recruitment Training (CRT) which includes Aptitude, Interview Techniques, Presentation Skills, English Communication, Soft Skills, and Spoken Hindi & Basic French.
CRT is an employment enhancement programme which is part of the curriculum.
RECENT ACHIEVEMENTS OF OUR STUDENTS (TO NAME A FEW)
- Best Outstanding Students Award received by our students during their internship program.
- Holiday Inn – Chandigarh.
- Caravela Beach Resort – Goa
- Marriott Hotel and Convention Centre – Hyderabad
- The Orchid – Mumbai
- Marriott Resort and Spa – Goa
- Radisson Blu – Chennai
- Silent Shore Hotel – Mysore
- Gold Medal at NAUGHTICA CHEF-2017, a National Level Competition
- First Prize in the Battle of Biriyani-2018, a National Level Competition
- Gold and Bronze medals for Poster Presentation conducted by South India Chef Associations (SICA), 2018
- Students Participated in the Asian Book Record for World’s Largest Salad (1224 Kg),2018
- The Best Carver Award from Kalam Carving Academy,2019
- Students received the First prize in Glowing Star Chef Competition 2020, Alpha College, Madurai.
- Students received the Second prize in Master Chef 2020 organized by
- National College, Karaikudi.
- A unique 3 year full time residential degree Programme.
- More than 1600 students have passed out.
- Around 500 students are employed in Cruise and Merchant ships throughout the world.
- Around 900 students are employed in five star hotels and other hospitality sectors in India and Abroad.
- Adequate and latest infrastructure with modern Equipment.
- Well equipped kitchen with modern equipment imported from Europe to facilitate the students to learn the essentials of cooking & baking through hands-on training to meet the standards of the Shipping Industry
- Training Restaurant with Mock Bar, Guest room, Front office, Training Bakery, Bunker room and three high-end Kitchens – Basic Training Kitchen(BTK), Quantity Training Kitchen(QTK) & Advanced Training Kitchen(ATK).
- In-house semi-Olympic size Swimming pool and Modern Gymnasium.
- Ship-in-campus for participative learning.
- Experienced and trained faculty members.
We have four departments is as follows
1. Food Production
Food production is a major department in hospitality industry in which candidates can excel by learning various aspects of food production such as preparation techniques, cooking methods, kitchen management, food cost control, along with performing some other duties such as deciding the menu, maintaining quality of food and supervising the kitchen.
2.Food& Beverage Service
Food and Beverage service department is one of the main services and crucial division of the hotel. It renders the services of prepared food items, beverages and tobacco in a hospitable way to the customers as per their demands.
The responsibility of preparing, cleaning and maintaining the highest standards in guest room, public areas and all other parts of the hotel organizations is kept with the house keeping department only
Front office is face of the hotel, the front office communicate and coordinate with all other departments of the hotel as well as external sources, running its day to operations smoothly to make the guest stay more comfortable through providing personalized, consistent standard services s per the management policy.
- Compulsory Internship for all students in their 6th
- Training Students for Part Time Jobs and Freelancing works (Earn While You Learn).
- Encouraging and supporting students to begin Start-ups.
- Inviting Industry Experts as Resource Persons in all Events organized by the department.
- Extension Activity-“Share the Meal”-Donate food to orphanage people
- Arrange to provide Outdoor catering in various Five star Hotels.
- In house training
Mr.C.Suresh Kumar ASSISTANT PROFESSOR cum ‘HEAD OF THE DEPARTMENT
BA .BED, D.H.M.C.T, Certified Chef
Id : 1215
Mr.V.Gangadharan ASSISTANT PROFESSOR
B.SC (HMCS), MBA (marketing)
Id : 1209
Mr.P.Anand ASSISTANT PROFESSOR
M.SC(HOTEL MANAGEMENT), B.SC.(CS AND HOTEL MGMT)
Id : 1216
Mr.K.Perumal Kannan ASSISTANT PROFESSOR
B.SC(TOURISM & HOTELMGT), CCBC(BAKERY & CONFECTIONERY), M.SC(TOURISM & HOSPITALITY MGT)
Id : 1218
Mr.E.Jacob Jebaraj ASSISTANT PROFESSOR
BSC(HM CS), MTM(TOURISM), M.A(TOURISM MANAGEMENT)
Id : 1219
Mr.N.Ramesh ASSISTANT PROFESSOR
DHMCT(HOTEL MGMT), BBA(BUSINESS MGMT), MSC(HOTEL MGMT), MBA(HRM)
Id : 1223
Mr.R.Ganesh ASSISTANT PROFESSOR
BBA(BUSINEES ADMIN), DHMCT(HOTEL MGT), DCGO(DCGO)
id : 1225