Department of Computer Science is one of the finest Departments in SLCS since 2001-02 that provides a 3 year full-time degree in B.Sc. Computer Science(Security System Specialization) from the academic year 2017-18 onwards.
The era of internet and digitization is captivating us. Anything and everything today is directly or indirectly related to the internet. The digital era has opened up many new opportunities for graduates in both Software Development and Information Security domains. This programme is offered to fulfill the requirements of both domains in a single endeavour.
The objectives of the Department are
- To provide wide knowledge in the potentially rich & employable fields of Computer Science & Information Security.
- To train & equip students to meet the requirement of the Software Industries.
- To develop skills in software development with security measures so as to enable the students to be employed in National & Global markets.
- To provide a strong foundation to pursue Post Graduation Programme in Computer Science/Applications.
Students will be able to
- Become a Programmer, Software Developer, Web Designer, Cyber Security Analyst/ Specialist, etc.
- Pursue their career with excellent Application Development / Security Level programming skills.
- Excel in their career by solving real time problems using various methodologies such as IOT(Internet of Things), AI(Artificial Intelligence), etc.
- Imbibe ethical and moral values.
Choose their path along with their area of interest.
- Pass in +2 with Mathematics
Tamil – I / Hindi- I
English – I
Programming in C
Secure Programming using C – Lab
Office Automation & HTML Lab
Tamil –II / Hindi – II
English – II
Object Oriented Programming with C++
Object Oriented Programming with C++ Lab
Tamil III / Hindi – III
Computer Networks & Cryptography
Data Structures/ Client Server Computing
Secure Programming using Java – Lab
Workshop on Numerical Skill
Non Major Elective :Basic Tamil – I / Advanced Tamil-I / Office Automation Lab –I
Tamil – IV / Hindi- IV
English – IV
Relational Database Management System
Penetration Testing Fundamentals
Database Security Lab
Penetration Testing Lab
Workshop on Reasoning Skills
NME :Basic Tamil – II / Advanced Tamil-II / Office Automation Lab –II
Cloud Computing & Security
PHP Programming Lab
.Net Programming with C# Lab
Cyber Forensics Lab/Python Programming Lab
Campus Recruitment Training
- Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) Certification in Security System Fundamentals
- Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) Certification in HTML5.
- Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) Certification in Python Programming
- Certification Course in CompTia Networking Fundamentals
- Certification Course in Cyber Security
- Certification Course in AI(Artificial Intelligence) & ML(Machine Learning)
- Provide realistic, hands-on training to equip the students with skills in the Programming and Ethical Hacking domains.
- Focus on Software Development using Open Source Softwares such as Python & PHP.
- Updated Curriculum to meet Industrial Requirements.
- Organize Seminars and Workshops in Android Apps Development, Responsive Website Development using Bootstrap, Laravel Framework, IoT, Digital Marketing, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and on various innovations.
- A state-of-the-art lab with high end individual systems.
- Provide Internship opportunities from the II Year onwards through the programme “Earn While Learn”.
- Provide platforms to develop real time projects using AI & ML Technology.
|Level 1 –||Programmer|
|Computer Support Specialist|
|Computer Systems Analyst|
|Computer and Information Systems Manager|
|Level 2 –||Software Developer/Software Engineer|
|At least 1+ years of experience|
|Level 3 –||Software Architect|
|At least three+ years of experience|
|Level 4 –||Technical Lead|
|At least five+ years of experience in any one programming domain.|
|Level 5 –||Project Manager|
|At least eight+ years in the field to be considered|
Mrs.N.Anuradha M.Sc., M.Phil.,
Mrs.K.P.Maheswari MCA.,M.Phil., NET.
Mrs.S.Nirmala Devi M.Sc., M.Phil., NET.
The department of Computer Science (Security System Specialization) conducted an activity for the…
On behalf of the department of CS, the fourth Mentor Meeting for the…
The Department of Computer Science conducted a Course Committee Meeting on 19-03-2021 at…